||[Aug. 22nd, 2004|09:37 pm]
"Welcome to the newest edition of getting to know your friends. What you're supposed to do is copy (not forward) this entire e-mail and paste it onto a new e-mail that you'll send. Change all of the answers so they apply to you. Then, send this to a whole bunch of people you know *INCLUDING* the person who sent it to you. The theory is that you'll learn a lot of little known facts about your friends.|
1. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? It really varies these days, as I’m not really a morning person, but ever since I started working for Wildside Press it's been around four am to about eight am in the morning.
2. IF YOU COULD EAT LUNCH WITH ONE FAMOUS PERSON, WHO WOULD IT BE? I don’t know. I don’t hold too many people in such high esteem to desire to be in their presence and I’d rather spend time with my friends.
3. GOLD OR SILVER? I adore white gold.
4. WHAT WAS THE LAST FILM YOU SAW AT THE CINEMA? SpiderMan 2.0
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW? StarGate SG-1 ! Law and Order ! Planet Zim !
6. WHAT DO YOU HAVE FOR BREAKFAST? I don’t, really. I might occasionally eat a bagel or a yogurt, but I have a strange habit of skipping breakfast and lunches.
7. WHAT WOULD YOU HATE TO BE LEFT IN A ROOM WITH? A corpse. Or a Bible-thumper. Or a small press horror author. Or. . .
8. CAN YOU TOUCH YOUR NOSE WITH YOUR TONGUE? No. If I can’t even run around like I used to, what makes you think I can do anything with my tongue? Oh, wait a minute, I'm not even going to go there . . .
9. WHAT INSPIRES YOU? I don’t know. Nothing. Everything. Anything.
10. WHAT'S YOUR MIDDLE NAME? Alan.
11. BEACH, CITY, Or COUNTRY? People are bonkers, by any stretch of logic and I don’t want to rub shoulders with humanity, if I can possibly help it. A small cottage near the woods with a high speed connection and I’m set.
12. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter, for its snow, its overcast skies, its shadows, and its losses.
13. FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Strawberry.
14. BUTTERED, PLAIN, OR SALTED POPCORN? Plain. Hot. In my mouth.
15. FAVORITE COLOR? Black or blue.
16. FAVORITE CAR? I’m good with anything with four wheels and a working engine, so long as it has a big enough trunk. You’ll see why later . . .
17. FAVORITE SANDWICH FILLING? Smoked turkey, ham, cheddar cheese, lettuce, and bacon.
18. TRUE LOVE? is for faery tales and love-sick fools.
19. WHAT CHARACTERISTICS DO YOU DESPISE? Arrogance.
20. FAVORITE FLOWER? Pink Roses.
21. IF YOU HAD A BIG WIN IN THE LOTTERY, HOW LONG WOULD YOU WAIT TO TELL PEOPLE: I might tell immediate family and friends then I would go into complete seclusion.
22. FIZZY OR STILL WATER AS A DRINK? Still.
23. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR BATHROOM? Red, usually. You wouldn’t believe how much blood is in the human body. I usually have to wash it off with a hose, to get it clean.
24. HOW MANY KEYS ON YOUR KEY RING? Eight. Car, post office, mailbox, luggage, safebox, apartment, oh, and the key to the rented storage locker where I store the bodies . . . Ooops.
25. WHERE WOULD YOU RETIRE TO? I don’t really know. I figure I’ll just keel over from old age in a few years, so why worry about retirement?
26. CAN YOU JUGGLE? IF YES HOW MANY? Yes. Two. Maybe three. More than that and it’s very hard to keep things straight. People might talk ...
27. FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK? Every day that I’m alive and breathing and kicking.
28. RED OR WHITE WINE? Neither. I do not drink alcohol.
29. WHAT DID YOU DO FOR YOUR LAST BIRTHDAY? I worked. It doesn’t get any better than that—nd what will I do for my birthday this time? I don’t know. Maybe wallow and snarf down a gallon of ice cream. You'd be surprised how much I can pack away :-)
30. DO YOU CARRY A DONOR CARD? No. I’m ‘young and vigorous,’ aren’t I?
31. WHO DO YOU LEAST EXPECT TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? No one.
32. WHO IS THE PERSON YOU EXPECT TO SEND THIS BACK FIRST? I don’t know, as I can count my friends generally on one hand.
33. What did you want to be when you grew up? Male gigolo, by all means. But I just didn’t have the build or looks to go into that field and so I dropped back to my second choice: publishing.